Unpublished Rare Energy M&A Opportunity: Top Firm, Wonderful Culture, Partnership Potential
We are working on a unique M&A opportunity in the ever-growing renewable and clean energy space. M&A, project finance, or project development experience is appropriate for this position. You would join an already established, global renewable energy and infrastructure team, while being the point associate for one of the groups newest partners.
This elite international law firm has exclusively engaged Garrison to assist in its unpublished efforts to add a mid-to-senior level associate to their diverse practice. Of course, this firm pays top of market (new Cravath scale) compensation for salary and bonuses.
The Work and Responsibility: Although this position will be predominantly focused on M&A matters in the renewable energy space, you will also handle a healthy mix of project development and project finance matters. The work consists of very desirable and high-profile Wall Street Journal deals and can range from buying a specific project or portfolio to purchasing an entire company. You will have ample opportunity to manage deals, take ownership of transactions and push them towards closing, speak directly with clients, and more.
- Culture: The atmosphere is collaborative, friendly and down-to earth. Everyone on the team shares a mission-oriented vision and they are truly passionate about the work they do. The firm itself is known for having very engaging people with interests outside the practice of law. The main partner is extremely personable, compassionate, and organized. Candidates with similar characteristics will thrive in this group.
- Strong Advancement Potential: This firm has a strong track record of advancing associates. They are very invested and committed to their associates and this hire is being made with the intention of preparing this person for partnership. The firm has a non-equity partner tier, so making partner is much more realistic than peer firms.
- Mentorship: This partner is as invested as they come, he is very hands-on and super organized. He will be dedicated to actively shepherding you through the advancement process – you could not find a more interactive mentor.
- Marketability: This is an amazing opportunity to help build out a practice in one of the hottest areas of the law right now. You will gain invaluable experience that will result in fantastic future opportunities inside the firm or out. The main partner has no issues with associates who desire to transition in-house if that ultimately is your goal down the road.
- Reasonable Billable Hours: This partner is very respectful of your personal life. He strives to keep hours around the firm minimum (typically ranging from 1950-2000) and weekend work is rare!
Candidate Profile Sought: 2+ years of M&A, project finance, or project development experience at a top AmLaw firm. Existing experience with energy M&A matters is ideal but not required. Candidates must be passionate about the renewable energy space.
**This position is to sit in the Washington, DC office**
Job ID: 18220