Transactional Associate for Top Financial Services/Fintech Practice (Multi-City) (Unpublished)
Rare opportunity to join a dynamic and highly-regarded financial services practice group. This global AmLaw firm has a cross-office and interdisciplinary approach to serving its major financial institution (bank and non-bank), fintech, tech-enabled, and emerging tech clients. The ideal attorney for this role will have at least four years of post-JD transactional experience (which can be a combination of law firm and in-house experience). Move away from a template-driven practice and instead think through novel legal issues and provide a tailored approach to the drafting and negotiation of every transaction.
This is an exclusive and unpublished search through Garrison & Sisson. Some of the details for this position as shared directly from the practice group heads include:
What Makes This Opportunity Unique:
- Be a part of an established and highly regarded practice and enjoy the benefits of practicing within a gemstone practice of the firm.
- Work on cutting edge matters that are not precedent-based and for a very diverse and sophisticated client base.
- Enjoy a clear path for continued advancement. This firm has a 2-tier partnership and this practice group has a track record of promotion from within.
- Practice alongside partners who are committed to the mentorship/development, visibility, and advancement of their associates.
- This practice group is cohesive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial.
- Diversity is a core value for this firm, which is representative of this practice group at the associate and partner levels.
- Annual billable hours of 1,950, including credited hours for pro bono and DEI efforts.
- This firm pays top of the market (i.e., Cravath scale).
- The Work: The transactional side of the practice is part of a much larger, established, and full-service financial services group that includes regulatory counseling and transactional advising. In this role, the ideal candidate will have significant drafting experience and the ability to lead or manage transactions (in whole or in part).
Specific experience with one or more of the following is helpful: strategic partnerships in the payments and lending space, installment lending, credit card and deposit products, prepaid accounts, BaaS agreements, co-brand credit card agreements, merchant acquiring agreements, data aggregation agreements, network incentive agreements, BIN sponsorship agreements, and/or portfolio sale agreements.
Note: The firm will consider transactional generalists with significant drafting and negotiation experience, even outside of the financial services context. For example, if you are an M&A attorney with this skillset and are interested in Financial Services and/or Fintech, you are encouraged to apply.
- Timing: This firm is flexible on a start date, so you can stay at your current firm to collect your 2022 year-end bonus.
Job ID: 16655