New, Exclusive Antitrust Opportunity with Elite International Firm
Summary: Garrison & Sisson has been engaged on an exclusive basis to assist a top-tier global law firm with an immediate need for an antitrust associate with 3-4 years of experience.
This transactional/regulatory practice focuses on pre-merger risk assessment, preliminary and Second Request investigations by the agencies, and coordinating international merger investigations by foreign competition agencies. There will also be opportunities to assist with foreign investment clearances.
Candidates currently gaining merger experience at the FTC or DOJ are encouraged to apply. A background in economics is a plus. (Grand jury and litigation experience is also a plus, but please note that this is not a litigation-focused position.)
What is Unique About This Opportunity:
- This firm has an unparalleled global platform. You will work with attorneys worldwide on multijurisdictional matters for some of the most sophisticated clients in clean energy, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, healthcare, and private equity. Matters are staffed globally, and you will have meaningful, substantive interactions with foreign-based attorneys. Post pandemic, there will be regular opportunities for international travel.
- This is a close-knit group—even with its global reach—and the partners truly value the well-being of their associates. The U.S.-based team is a manageable size and takes pride in its collegiality and collaborative nature. You will work closely and frequently with partners who are committed to mentoring and associate development.
- The work will be interesting from day one; you will conduct substantive analyses, manage international teams, and be part of client teams and pitches. This team will be focused on your growth and on giving you the tools to succeed at the highest levels.
- This is a highly requested group from the firm’s summer associates, which is a testament to what it offers.
- The firm pays at the top of the market and will make you whole/pay signing bonuses.
The Right Fit:
- This is a transactional practice with a varied set of opportunities. If you currently have a mixed practice of litigation and deal work but wish to focus more transactions or if you are currently focused on transactions but are looking to diversify your portfolio, we encourage you to contact us.
- If you want a practice with a global reach, are committed to your development as a lawyer, and are looking for a group with long-term potential, this position could be a great fit for you.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Gary McGinnis confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-659-2028. Please be assured all communications will be kept strictly confidential.
Job ID: 15222