Highly Regarded Association Seeks Two Securities (IM or Market Reg) Lawyers (Varied Levels) – Hybrid
Leading Association which supports the asset management industry and was formed 75+ years ago seeks to hire 2 securities lawyers at the Counsel, Assistant GC, or Associate GC level (e.g., attorneys with 3-20 yrs. of experience). If you are interested in the intersection of securities policy and the law, and you are passionate about the idea of working for an organization where you could help drive and influence positive impacts in the industry, then this could be your ideal position.
Position reports to a highly accomplished Deputy General Counsel who heads the Securities Team (the largest within the OGC) and has been with the organization 15+ yrs. She seeks attorneys with regulated funds experience, preferably with money market funds, municipal securities, or exchange-traded funds. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) experience is highly valued. Title will depend upon relevant years of experience.
Join this highly collegial team of 8 attorneys and focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the company’s research, government affairs, and operations functions to analyze and develop legislative proposals relating to regulated investment fund, asset management services, and securities and financial services policy issues.
- Advocate for the company before regulatory agencies, policymakers and Congress through written testimony, comment letters, calls and meetings and other oral presentations.
- Lead initiatives in areas of industry importance and emerging interest, such as responding to SEC and other agency proposals affecting regulated investment funds, state actions regarding regulation of activities of regulated investment funds, investment advisers, and broker dealers.
- Advise communications personnel in understanding key securities and financial services issues, and in developing and assuring accuracy in communications (e.g., press releases, social media posts and other public statements).
- Assist in development of the organization’s conferences, webinars, and workshops, serving as moderator when appropriate.
- Lots of visibility with key leaders in the organization and regular meetings with the Board of Governors and Executive Committee. You will also have frequent interaction with officials at the SEC and the Commissioners, as well as with senior leaders of member companies.
- Positions are open due to an internal promotion to the business side and the departure of one lawyer to a member company.
- Excellent work/life balance: Attorneys work 40-45 hours a week, and weekend work is exceedingly rare.
- Compensation package and benefits are among the best for an association.
**Our client welcomes candidates from: SEC’s Division of Investment Management or Trading and Markets; FINRA or CFTC; other SROs.; or law firms with leading IM or Asset Mng. Practices.
Posting ID: 16549