High Profile D.C.-Area Boutique Litigation Search: Premier Practice with Newsworthy Clients and Top-Tier Responsibility
Garrison has been engaged by one of the country’s leading boutique law firms to assist in their search for a junior or mid-level litigation associate to do some of the most exciting and unique work one can find.
The Work: This firm is without peer when it comes to handling the largest and most newsworthy cases in the country. The firm only represents plaintiffs. Many of their matters have been covered by the most well-known media outlets. The practice can be divided into two components: (i) litigation (very little document review and a lot of high-level tasks) and (ii) litigation counseling.
- Trial-Level Responsibility: This small firm already has three trials scheduled next year and averages two to three trials annually. You will not only have the opportunity to get trial experience, take depositions and make oral arguments, but will also receive tremendous experience writing dispositive motions and briefs. Even as an associate, you will be the direct client contact in many of your matters. The firms acts as a meritocracy; if you show the ability, you will be rewarded with great responsibility.
- Fascinating Clients: The clients are largely political figures, sports teams, billionaires, Fortune 500 companies, and even some celebrities. This is the “go to” plaintiff’s firm for all major cases nationwide. Even some of the people the firm deposes are major public figures
- Building Your Brand: The firm is extremely supportive in your efforts to become nationally known for your work. Not only will you receive the opportunity to become an outstanding lawyer in and out of the courtroom, but there will be endless opportunities to connect with clients, take on speaking engagements, and make media appearances.
- Advancement: High quality associates become partners at this firm. Once you show the ability to solely take a case from complaint through trial, you will advance. The firm turns down a large amount of work and thus has many avenues to help you acquire your own docket. Furthermore, the name partners would like the firm to exist well beyond their lifetimes and are looking for lawyers who can eventually carry the firm into the future.
- Professional Development: The partners put great value on professional development and annually host formal deposition and trial trainings. You will have direct access to, and will be learning from, two of the most accomplished and famous lawyers in the country.
Compensation: This firm pays competitive annual compensation that is comparable to many other high-level boutiques in the D.C. area. Unlike other boutiques there is the potential for merit bonuses throughout the year.
The Requirements: The candidate must have one to five years of litigation experience from an AmLaw 200 firm or elite boutique. DOJ lawyers are welcome to apply if they are a trial or appellate court litigator and have substantial prior prestigious law firm experience. Associates who are primarily investigation lawyers do not fit the profile for this position.
Location: Please note that the firm has gorgeous offices located in Northern Virginia. You must either be barred in Virginia, be able to waive-in over the next two years or be willing to sit for the Virginia Bar.
*** Amazing opportunity to do incredibly interesting work, build your national profile and receive trial litigation experience.