Well-Regarded Boutique Seeks Franchise Law Associate
Garrison & Sisson has been engaged to assist a Washington, D.C. area boutique with its search for an associate to join its nationally recognized franchise law practice. While this firm is based out of Northern Virginia, they are open to hiring on a partially or fully remote basis.
Role Description: In this role, you will split your time between managing ongoing business for existing/established clients (including annual disclosure documents, updating franchise agreements, and routine relationship management with franchisees), assisting with the development of new franchise agreements/relationships, and acting as a subject matter expert in M&A deals involving franchise companies.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will have 3-8 years of franchise or transactional law experience, either at a firm or in-house with a franchise company. While knowledge of franchise law would be ideal in this role, it is not necessarily required, meaning this may be a fantastic opportunity to pivot.
What is unique about this role?
- Work-Life Balance: The hours expectation and bonus threshold at this firm is 1500 hours, and there is no face time requirement or in-office policy.
- Real Path to Partnership: This firm hires with the intention of investing in and promoting their associates and there is absolutely no “up or out” policy. In fact, there is even opportunity for you to acquire an existing book of business over time. If you are looking for someone to stay for the long term, you may find a home here.
- Professional Development & Growth Opportunities: The partners at this firm are committed to their associates’ growth and development. You will be supported and encouraged to attend industry conferences and to build your own professional profile and visibility in the industry.
- Wide-Ranging and Recognizable Client Base: This firm is an offshoot from an AmLaw 200 firm and represents over 250 brands, including household names. If you think you may ever be interested in going in-house, this is an opportunity to develop a skillset and a professional network to help you get there.
- Potential Retool Opportunity. As mentioned above, franchise law experience is helpful, but not required, and the team is open to training an associate interested in expanding his or her skillset.
Compensation Information: Base compensation will be between $150,000 and $170,000 plus bonus and benefits.