EXCLUSIVE – Newly Formed Healthcare Lit Group at Top Firm Seeks District Court Clerks
Garrison & Sisson has been exclusively engaged to assist a prestigious AmLaw 50 firm in its efforts to build out their newly formed healthcare litigation group in Washington, D.C. The practice is predominately trial level litigation with the focus on false claims, antikickback, Medicare/Medicaid fraud. The group also represents clients in major investigations involving these areas of law. If you find healthcare interesting and enjoyable, this is the job for you!
After talking to two key partners, we believe this job is compelling for the following reasons:
- Ground-Floor Opportunity: This newly formed group was started by a high-profile lateral partner from another top firm. You are a key hire which positions you well for advancement.
- Marketability: You will become specialized and much more marketable than the average commercial litigator. You will attract clients more easily by being specialized in this niche area.
- Career Advancement: The firm has a shorter partner track than most firms and this group has high potential for advancement. There is an influx of work, and this firm has a very strong corporate group with a lot of healthcare clients. Thus, the business potential is unlimited in this group. The partners in this group specifically said they “would love to make more partners in the group”.
- Reasonable Hours: The partners are happy with associates billing less than 2000 hours, as long as they produce excellent work. They do what needs to be done for their clients, but also are very mindful of personal time. You will have a life outside of work.
- Interesting Client Base: This is one of the leading tech law firms in the county. Not only do they represent traditional healthcare clients such as, hospital chains, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and clinical labs, but they also represent individuals such as doctors and professors who are facing criminal charges. Additionally, since this firm is one of the leaders in the tech space, they represent a lot of emerging companies such as biologics, cutting edge medical devices, telemedicine, and other digital health.
- Mentorship: You will have a lot of facetime with the partners in the group as you will be working with them one-on-one. They are very invested in their associates and take pride in mentoring and training them.
- Trial Work: The head of the group averages one to two trials a year and you will work alongside them, while also gaining significant client interaction.
Qualifications: 2018-2020 JD with healthcare investigations/litigation, false claims act, Medicaid/Medicare, or anti-kickback statute experience. Candidates must have a desire to practice healthcare litigation.
*** Exciting opportunity to be a part of the launch of a practice poised to be one of the very best healthcare litigation groups in the city**
Posting ID: 16790