Title: Associate General Counsel – Innovation, Cyber, and IP with Fortune 500 Government Contractor (Hybrid)
Rare opportunity with a leading, global government contractor headquartered in Northern Virginia. Bring bold thinking to complex challenges stretching across AI/analytics, cyber, digital solutions, engineering, and consulting and with industries ranging from defense to health, energy to international development. Are you passionate about leveraging your intellectual property counseling and commercial transactional experience to help drive change in the federal procurement space? Read further if you want to empower innovation, drive critical missions, and deliver enduring growth and value to a global corporate leader.
Newly created position for an innovation attorney within our clients’ broader government contracts and innovation practice group. Join a global team of experts driven to excel and realize values-driven change for clients, colleagues, and communities. Must have prior industry experience with a government contractor or familiarity with government contracts law.
- Partner with technical and business teams to understand new technology developments, provide advice and counsel in intellectual property issues, and design and implement intellectual property strategies to ensure the necessary protection of assets and alignment to business goals
- Serve as the “go to” lawyer for the cyber business team and identify and harvest inventions in other technology areas, including AI
- Counsel on product and solution development and sales to a mix of commercial and government clients, including drafting and negotiating product licenses, performing regulatory reviews, implementing risk mitigation plans, and developing rights protection best practices
- Advise and assist with drafting IP-centric agreements, including joint development and collaboration, IP acquisitions, open innovation activities, university research, and inbound and outbound license agreements
- Manage IP disputes and participate in IP diligence activities
Requirements: 8+ years of experience in a law firm, the federal government, or a corporate legal department (ideally a professional services company in the commercial or government industry). The ability to translate technical advice into succinct, clear, and direct business solutions and execute against clear objectives, priorities, and success metrics. Confidence and experience to help drive business. Ideal candidates have: Experience advising on all stages of the product life cycle, including developing business case, market analysis, and sales strategy, and are conversant with emerging technologies, including AI, software development, cybersecurity, data rights, incident response and other highly technical concepts. Note: This position does not include data security or privacy work.
- This innovative company has received countless industry awards—to name a few: Forbes, Best Large Employers; Forbes, Best Companies for Diversity and for Women; Indeed, Best Work/Life Balance; and ComputerWorld, Best Places to Work in IT.
- We have recruited for this client for 15+ years and have placed 25+ attorneys with them.
- Attorneys work predictable and reasonable hours (8:30am – 6:30pm) and ideally would be in the office 1-2 days a week.
Posting ID: 16550